I've acquired some new phrases that regularly pop up in daily life.
Sometimes I hear myself saying them and wonder how I got here.
What a difference 20 months can make.
1. I'm outside your house but I can't find your guard. Can you let me in?
2. How deep is the water on that road? Like, will I make it through?
3. I asked my guard if the bananas in the yard were ready to cut down but he said no. I'll give you some when he thinks they're good to go.
4. The mosquito men are coming and the maid leaves at 10:30 so I have to stay home.
5. Shit - Joe, there's a cockroach in here.
6. It is so HOT today. (This is everyday right now.)
7. Edgar, (our relief guard) you are not on vacation here. Wake up, put your shirt on, turn the music down and let me sit beside my pool in peace.
Ok... I didn't say that last one but I think about it every, single Sunday.
Have a great weekend everyone!