- Kruger Park. One of the most famous safari destinations in the world and it does not disappoint. If you want the Africa experience that you see in the movies, this is the place to go. Animals are abundant as are safari lodges ranging from rustic to ultra luxurious.
- The People. From our experiences, South Africans are so kind and welcoming. They have had such a vibrant and at times, terrible history but their resilience is inspiring.
- There is something for everybody. Obviously, the animal lover will be in paradise but there's the wine country to drive through, the posh city life in Cape Town, cage diving with sharks for the adventurers, you can see life in townships first hand and learn about South Africa's rich and turbulent history.
- It's Beautiful. The Cape of Good Hope and up the coastline, Table Mountain, beautiful beaches, wine country and many more sites to take your breath away.
- The Food. Delicious. Fabulous meat, fantastic home grown produce and more restaurants than you could ever want. To top it all off, it's not that expensive! Joe & I constantly revel at the bill wondering how we got all that great food for such a good price.
- VAT Refund. In South Africa if you are a tourist you get all tax money back from your purchases. Save your receipts and research how it works (it is a bit of a process and you must prepare ahead of time) but you get money back in your pocket at the airport when you leave the country. Seriously, who else does that?
I know it's a bit of a trek for those of you residing in North America but I promise you, you will not be disappointed. Save your money, book your trip, and if you feel so inclined, invite us!